Monday, May 10, 2010

Love or Money?

So on my way into work this morning the David Nail song Red Light came on the radio. It's about a guy going for a ride with his girl and at a red light she breaks up with him out of nowhere. Now either the writer had an active imagination, or it actually happened to him. If it happened to him, he went home, poured out his poor broken heart and wrote a song. Then the song sold a ton of copies and now he's a millionaire. So my question is, would he rather have kept his love and his ordinary life, or been dumped, written a song and made a million bucks???

Personally, I would have written the song. But if I would have written it, it wouldn't be some broken hearted country song. My failed love story song would be something along these lines,

Hey you, what's new?
Out celebratin the single life,
how bout you?
Yeah baby, me too.
You leave him or he leave you?
Do you see me cryin?
Ha if he walked in right now,
what would you do?

I'd say 'sorry you're crazy,
sorry you're lazy,
sorry you're out of your mind.
Yeah we were together for awhile
started out as a real good time
One day I woke up n realized
just how far you'd drug me down.
So I kicked ya to the curb
and headed to town
callin over my shoulder,

Sorry you're crazy,
sorry you're lazy,
sorry you couldn't buy a clue-
Dude, I'm so over you!

Copyright Echo 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment