Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why I LOVE my dog







1.) He is cute



2.) He is a good cuddler



3.) He smiles!



4.) He is klutzy- constantly running into things, bull in a china shop style.



5.) He thinks the coffee table is a bridge for his personal use.



6.) He thinks our things are his personal chew toys- nothing is safe, not even the tv remote. Still hate him for that- the tv is stuck on golf.



7.) He is afraid of things, specifically the dark and things in the dark. A flip flop fell from my shoe basket and was laying on the stairs, you would have thought it was an anaconda the way he reacted to it.



8.) He can catch food when you throw it to him (finally) it only took 3 months of cheese landing on and sticking to his head before he figured it out.



9.) He motivates me to run every day since he's less of a peckerhead when he's worn out. (see fitness report below)



10.) He likes to swim.



11.) He makes me laugh.



12.) He pukes when we go on rides, but likes getting in the car because the car takes him to Grandma's house and Grandma gives him graham crackers.



13.) He jumps and smiles and generally goes bananas when he sees his leash.



14.) He "yips" in his sleep and its really cute



15.) He thinks our picnic table is his own personal mountain to climb on



16.) When he's bored, he chases his tail- sometimes he falls down.



17.) He will, without hesitation, eat anything remotely consumable- and somethings that aren't.



18.) He is a 50 pound lap dog



19.) He looks so pathetic when he's laying on his bed and his bone rolls off, just out of reach.



20.) He loves me like crazy
The first pic, he was sleeping on my leg- the flash woke him up. The second was his assent to the top of Mt. Picnic. The third is a pic Bubble Gum took of him sleeping on her and D-Man... it was too funny not to post. Sorry they're dark, all from cell cameras!






Fitness Report: I'm going to start adding these to the bottoms of my blogs, mainly for my personal records. I had a skinny summer 2 summers ago and I want another one! I went to Illinois over Labor Day weekend that skinny summer to visit a friend from college and I wanted to look good- so I stopped eating fried stuff and started running. The only regrets I have about that weekend are 1.) I didn't take my running shoes and 2.) all we did was sit around watching House and eating naTOTsos- nachos except instead of chips they had tatertots. Amazing.






Anyhoo my bff Darla and I are 'training' for a 5k. She's got this training guide that's supposed to take you from couch potato to 5k in a few weeks. She's doing it right, I'm just kinda winging it. Here's been my week so far:



Sunday- Floyd and I ran to the pit, through the pit (off roadin!), then walked home. 1 mile



Monday- Ran to the neighbors pit, up our hill, down to our pit and back. 1 mile



Tuesday- Ran up the hill, past our pit, to the end of the road and back (my old route) 1 mile



Wednesday- Ran to the neighbors pit w/ Floyd, dropped him off, walked to our pit with Jena, swam one down, one back, walked back. Ran/walked 1 mile, swam quite a freakin bit (I was in bed by 8:30).



Thursday- Ran to the neighbors pit, doubled back past my house, down to past our pit, to the end of the road and back home 1.5 miles!






I wake up every day, look in the mirror and am disappointed because I'm not skinny yet. One day. Then I'm puttin that "Skinny Bitches Only" sign at the pit!



No comments:

Post a Comment